About the company
Infare is an international company that consists of 110 colleagues working across the world, with the largest presence in Europe. Our main product is data that is collected, enriched, and distributed mainly to airlines but also to other business segments.
Infare is the leading actor in the business because of the wide range of highest-grade data, provided by highly skilled engineers, leveraging the latest technologies and vendors.
Infare takes pride in delivering high-quality products and services while nurturing its Scandinavian working culture, offering personal growth, equal opportunities, and work-life life balance.
We are working closely with our customers, today 240 airlines & airports, and several OTAs, constantly evolving to support their digital journey and to better serve the travelers of the world.
With its headquarters in Copenhagen, Infare also has offices in Vilnius, Berlin, Nice and a small unit in Krakow.
About the role
At Infare, we have a career opportunity as Head of Infrastructure & Operations, which is one of the key positions in our company. Reporting to the CTO, you will be responsible for leading 3 skilled teams of System Administrators, DevOps, and SRE engineers, ensuring a world-class production system, and delivering a world-class product.
These teams are operating in close collaboration with development teams across Europe, to innovate, building new data pipelines and products that push the limits of our industry.
You will be a part of a team of leaders that likes to grow and be successful while having fun. Openness, honesty, friendliness, and respect for others are key traits of these members. It’s exciting when we work together towards clear goals and milestones, in a close loop together with our customers.
- Infare’s strategy is to keep all systems as simple as possible while offering reliability, scalability, IT agility, visibility, cost efficiency & security
- Infare leverages the latest technologies in close collaboration with vendors and customers, you will find yourself representing your area in these projects
- The production system is a hybrid setup across data centers and public cloud providers. It is meriting having experienced similar setups.
- Building the systems and the way we work is a collaborative process where you are expected to represent the Infare production systems and its engineers, to achieve our strategic goals.
- As a lead for DevOps, and SRE engineers System Administrators, technical leadership and a solid background in software development are a must, so that you’re able to challenge and grow your team members. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery, and work with your team on direction and execution.
What your responsibilities will be:
- Periodically evaluate new technologies, partners, and ways of working to find more suitable and cost-efficient solutions
- Drive major architecture decisions of platforms and solutions to meet business goals and deliver value to the customers, and internal development teams
- Lead the 3 teams (DevOps, SRE and Sys admins) distributed across 3 countries
- Working closely with the CTO and Management Team by contributing to Infares strategic roadmap creation and execution
- Ensure continuous development of Private & Public Cloud solutions while modernizing underlying IT Platforms
- Contribute and execute the infrastructure strategy across the company
- Manage budget, vendors, implement policies, drive new policies, and be part of our culture
What you have will have to bring:
- Experience in Head of Infrastructure position or a similar one
- Experience in leading 2 out of 3 teams: DevOps, SRE, Sys Admins
- Experience in Infrastructure solutions and architecture
- In-depth experience running operations in a hybrid set-up, private & public cloud
- Ability to translate business needs into infrastructure requirements, keeping Infares competitive edge in the business
- Strategic and innovative personality constantly striving for operational excellence
- Ability to identify & implement the right data points to achieve the correct organizational focus
- Ability to guide, mentor, and train team members
- Skills to visualize and communicate architecture concepts efficiently to all levels of the business
- Excellent English, as it’s our corporate language
Nice to have:
- AWS certifications and/or other public cloud vendor certifications
- Proven cloud migration success stories
What we offer in VNO:
- People-centric & flexible company
- Free lunches, breakfast and snacks at the office every day
- Health insurance
- 5 extra days of holidays
- Possibility to participate in the 3rd level pension fund after getting your feet in the company
- A parking space at the office
- Lots of fun, a gaming zone with a console, VR, table tennis, foosball, and all that jazz
- Compensation: we are open to hear and find a both parties suitable balance
- HR screening interview
- Interview with CTO, your Line Manager, Fredrik Palm (https://www.linkedin.com/in/fredrik-palm-2a0632/)
- Personality test
- Technical interview with DevSecOps and SRE Team Leads