Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Salary range: from 1480 to 1800 EUR gross
As an airfare intelligence provider with more than 100 employees on board, we are now looking for a new team member to join our Data Extraction Team and grow as a software development professional together with experienced colleagues. If you love to work with data, it may be a great start to your career in the IT field!
Areas of responsibility
- Building new internet crawlers/robots (C#)
- Maintaining and optimizing existing internet crawlers/robots
- Analysing data sources and finding the best ways to extract information
- Get to know internal tools and monitoring systems
- Solve easy and mid-level tasks
Skills and Requirements
Skills we are looking for
- Fundamentals and basic skills in any object-oriented programming language
- A very structured and analytic way of working
- Logical thinking, persistency, attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
We consider as a plus
- Experience working with Regular Expressions
- Basic knowledge of MS SQL
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol (Request/Response, Cookies, Sessions, etc.)
- Knowledge of data markup languages (XML/JSON/HTML)
- Knowledge of APIs (REST, SOAP)
In return, we offer
- People-centric & flexible company
- Possibility to continue full or half remote work after the quarantine is over (if wanted)
- Free lunches at the office
- Health insurance
- A parking space at the office (if applicable)
- A gaming zone with a console, VR, table tennis, foosball and all that jazz
More about us
At Infare, we build products that open doors to the right decisions by the air travel industry. Since 2000, we have gathered, and we keep collecting a massive amount of data and insights that allow airlines to understand and to react to competitor behaviour.
As air travel is becoming an increasingly large and competitive industry, fare intelligence is of vital importance. For this reason, our tools and products have become of major interest to airlines and airports in the past years: in fact, we have 19 of 20 world’s largest airlines as our customers on top of 200+ other carriers, and our business has been growing for years.
Data is at the core of our business, as we use it for our final products such as Pharos, Altus and others. However, we need to gather the data from APIs and/or extract it from airline websites, metasearch and online travel agent sites. This is where our 30+ data collection team is crucial. Its members write, optimize, maintain, and improve 1000+ of our robots/crawlers, and overcome challenges such as volume, quality, dynamism and even blocking on the daily basis.
While we seek quality, integrity, and consistency in the data we deliver to our customers, the funniest part about data extraction is that there’s no single rule or method to collect it: the solution is custom every time and it’s our engineers who have total liberty to come up with it!