Junior Monitoring Engineer
Location: Cracow (Poland)
Infare, an airfare intelligence provider with more than 130 employees on board, offers a career opportunity for a Junior Monitoring Engineer. Our new colleague would keep an eye on our massive infrastructure: 200+ machines plus a constantly growing cloud-based environment and 2+ billion daily price observations used by 240+ airlines, airports and travel agencies. S/he would also provide improvements for our development team and create new tools used all Infare’s offices in Krakow, Copenhagen, Berlin and Vilnius. This is a rare opportunity to co-create an innovative team at a true BigData company while broadening one’s experience together with an international crew of talented engineers!
Areas of responsibility:
- Diagnosing the issues in the system and responding to them.
- Monitoring and responding to system failures.
- Participating in gathering the requirements and dashboards.
- Taking part in 24/7 rotating shifts.
- Proactive input and suggestions.
- Creating and maintaining technical and process documentation.
- At least 1 year of experience in the similar IT-related position.
- General understanding of IT processes.
- Basic knowledge about databases, especially SQL and Elasticsearch.
- Experience with ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana).
- Strong practice with Bash. Python/PowerShell would be a strong plus.
- Basic knowledge of networking, OS & platforms.
- Ability to work on duty on-call 24/7 rotating shifts.
- Eagerness to learn.
- Flexibility, ability to work independently.
- Very good English.
IT would be a plus if you have:
- Previous experience on DBA/QA/SQL/SYS position or relevant.
- Knowledge of Hadoop/Spark.
- Ansible/Networking/OS skills.
What we offer:
- Work in a dynamic fast growing global company with non-corporate, easy-going, enthusiastic yet result-driven atmosphere, flat structure and individual approach to each employee.
- Possibility to work from home.
- Private Health care (Lux Med).
- Free parking space (if applicable).
- Free lunches and snacks.
- A comfortable, geek friendly office with a gaming touch.
Does it sound interesting?
Send your CV to email@example.com indicating what position you are applying for.
Why this role?
t Infare, we build products that open doors to right decisions by the air travel industry. Since 2000, we have gathered and we keep collecting a massive amount of data and insights that allow airlines to understand and to react to competitor behavior.
As air travel is becoming an increasingly large and competitive industry, fare intelligence is of vital importance. For this reason, our tools and products have become of major interest to airlines and airports in the past years: in fact, we have 19 of 20 world’s largest airlines as our customers on top of 200+ other carriers, and our business has been growing by 30-50% in recent years.
Data is at the core of our business, as we use it for our final products such as Pharos, Altus and others. However, this tremendous amount of data translates into a massive server and database infrastructure which we constantly monitor and improve to make it faster and leaner. This is where our Monitoring Engineer team is crucial: they are the safeguards that our customers receive the much needed data any time and that the data is as fresh as possible. At the same time, Monitoring Engineers are the foremost source of ideas and information to our developer and architects so our system is leaner, faster and better one day at a time.
This is a rather flexible position as you will be able to specialize in the area of your biggest passion or expertise, be it SQL servers, pipelines or data processing. We’re also doing quite a lot of interesting things with the ElasticSearch stack. While we expect at least one year of experience in a similar position, we want you to grow as a professional at Infare in the direction that suits your ambitions.