Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Salary range: from 1200 to 1600 EUR gross
As an airfare intelligence provider with more than 100 employees on board, we are now looking for a new team member to join our Monitoring Team and grow as an engineer professional together with experienced colleagues. If you love to work with monitor systems and learn about DevOps, it may be a great start to your career in the IT field!
Areas of responsibility
- Diagnosing the issues in the system and responding to them.
- Monitoring and responding to system failures.
- Participating in gathering the requirements and dashboards.
- Taking part in on-call duties.
- Proactive input and suggestions.
- Creating and maintaining technical and process documentation.
Skills and Requirements
Skills we are looking for
- Experience in the similar IT-related position.
- General understanding of IT processes.
- Basic knowledge about databases, especially SQL and Elasticsearch.
- Basic knowledge of networking, OS & platforms.
- Ability to work on duty on-call.
- Eagerness to learn.
- Flexibility, ability to work independently.
- Very good English.
We consider as a plus
- Previous experience on DBA/QA/SQL/SYS position or relevant.
- Experience with ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana).
- Bash/Python/PowerShell knowledge.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence.
- Ansible/Networking/OS skills.
In return, we offer
- People centric & flexible company.
- Work with skilled engineers across 3 sites.
- Innovation weeks – to bring ideas to life.
- Possibility to continue full or half remote work after the quarantine is over (if wanted);
- Free lunches at the office;
- Health insurance;
- A parking space at the office (if applicable);
- A gaming zone with a console, VR, table tennis, foosball and all that jazz.
- Salary ranges 1200-1600 EURO Gross per month (Base + on-call bonus)
More about us
At Infare, we build products that open doors to the right decisions by the air travel industry. Since 2000, we have gathered, and we keep collecting a massive amount of data and insights that allow airlines to understand and to react to competitor behaviour.
As air travel is becoming an increasingly large and competitive industry, fare intelligence is of vital importance. For this reason, our tools and products have become of major interest to airlines and airports in the past years: in fact, we have 19 of 20 world’s largest airlines as our customers on top of 200+ other carriers, and our business has been growing for years.
Data is at the core of our business, as we use it for our final products such as Pharos, Altus and others. However, we need to gather the data from APIs and/or extract it from airline websites, metasearch and online travel agent sites. This is where our 30+ data collection team is crucial. Its members write, optimize, maintain, and improve 1000+ of our robots/crawlers, and overcome challenges such as volume, quality, dynamism and even blocking on the daily basis.
While we seek quality, integrity, and consistency in the data we deliver to our customers, the funniest part about data extraction is that there’s no single rule or method to collect it: the solution is custom every time and it’s our engineers who have total liberty to come up with it!