Corporate Social Responsibility – taking action by giving back
Since February 2018, Infare has supported the PlanBørnefonden; a Danish organisation close to our Founders’ roots.
The PlanBørnefonden is part of Plan International, one of the world’s oldest and largest organisations working to ensure children and young people’s rights and create equal opportunities regardless of gender.
At Infare, we started our Corporate Social Responsibility journey by supporting our first child, Sabelo, aged 10. Sabelo was living in precarious conditions in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe. By joining forces with the PlanBørnefonden, our contribution helped provide health care, education and child protection for Sabelo and other children in the local community.
The program priorities are to:
- Increase the number of children who have birth certificates and access to education
- Promote hygiene and sanitation practices
- Support activities that improve food production to ensure that families can manage the effects of drought and food shortages
- Support and strengthen child protection committees
- Work with marginalised groups to improve access to education and health facilities
What has been achieved to date
- Roll-out of immunisation campaigns and building of new rehabilitating clinics
- Construction of classrooms, provision of furniture, books and school fees for vulnerable children
- Strengthening of child protection structures (e.g. Victim-friendly Court)
Giulia Gulotta, Project Manager at Infare, said:
“I first met the teams at PlanBørnefonden in 2018 and immediately felt compelled by their story.
As a leader in our sector, we must hold ourselves up for high standards, including taking action by giving back to communities who suffer most.
Helping Infare roll out our first CSR program felt the right course of action. With time, we have grown our contribution and support to more children and young adults in two areas of Zimbabwe: Bulawayo & Harare. I am incredibly proud of it, and so are we all at Infare.”
Dorthe Petersen, CEO at PlanBørnefonden, commented:
“Infare have demonstrated true responsibility and profound engagement in children’s rights and opportunities in Zimbabwe since our partnership’s inception in 2018. The COVID-19 crisis has been an immense struggle for children and families around the world but the continued support from Infare means that more children have been able to stay in school and continue their education during the pandemic. We at PlanBørnefonden are extremely grateful and our work is deeply dependent on partnerships as the one we have with Infare.”
Become a sponsor. Learn more and sign up at https://planbornefonden.dk/blivsponsor/